Friday, February 1, 2008

FireFox ~ Timed Out

If you are using the Firefox browser like I am, you may be getting a lot of "The connection has timed out, the server at (website name) is taking too long to respond" messages and have to click the "Try Again" button. I was getting these all of the time and especially on a forum that I visit regularly.

I googled the problem and came up with many different opinions on what was causing this, but this is the solution that I tried and it worked:

1. Open your Firefox browser
2. In the location bar at the very top of your browser, type "about:config" (without quotation marks)
3. A large list will appear, scroll down to find: network.dns.disableIPv6
4. Right click on above item
5. Choose: toggle (this should change the setting to: true)
6. Close your browser and then reopen it, your problem should be fixed, it worked for me.

No comments:

ShareThis