Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Does Anyone Blog Anymore?

I guess that I am not the only one who quit blogging. I had some time to go and check out some of the blogs that I use to keep up with and they haven't been updated in months. I think that I can guess what happened. It's called Facebook.

It seems that Facebook and Twitter have taken over the internet. That is where everyone hangs out now. I haven't given in to that temptation yet. I know that I should put my little businesses on there but I just hate starting another new venture that will take up more of my time.

Another thing that I have noticed since I have been back on Blogger is that my comments always have spam in them. It is so annoying to see that you have comments and when you go to approve them you have to reject them instead. Just more wasted time.

7 comments:

Linda Foley said...

Ya facebook does seem to have become big! I have a facebook account, but personally I like it here and on my forum better!

I seldom get spam... really.

Tonia said...

I have facebook but I dont blog on there.. My blog feeds into facebook for my FB friends. I still have a lot of active friends connected with my blog...

TJ said...

Yes, I still blog. But I've slowed down a bit due to some health problems with our 14 yo son. But I've been trying to keep up once a week if I can!

And yes, I've had lots of spam in my comments, too!

Also, we are heading into kidding and lambing season. That takes lots of time!

Christy said...

I still blog, but nothing much is happening this time of year to write about. And yeah, I spend a lot of time on FB. The 1 or 2 sentence updates are just so convenient.

Jiller said...

I don't blog, but I read blog's everyday...and your blog is one of my favorites! Facebook is okay, but I love your outlook on life!

Jill

Anonymous said...

Blogging is still alive and well. It should be something fun to do, so I don't do it daily. And times when the household gets sick or has a zillion events to attend, the posts will be shorter and less personal. But I have met wonderful people through blogging, and travelled to other countries, and learned a few things about farm life that will make my day happier.

Welcome To Wilmoth Farms said...

It was so nice to catch up on you..I too took a break from blogging, yep, on facebook, but only cause that takes so little time and was looking for old friends that I had lost friends with and certainly dont blog on there. My health got very poor and couldnt be on the computer for any length of time, not the time it took to blog or read up on my friends blogs, but I'm back and it was so good to catch up on you! I loved your post about fear, and the picture of your granddaughter with the rooster..I loved it!

ShareThis