Saturday, April 3, 2010

Zircon Memories

It was a lovely day today, warm, sunny, a nice breeze. The horses and goats are all shedding, so there was hair in the air. I let my two does out in the yard for some green, tender munching and some exercise this evening. They kept their noses to the ground, so I worried that they would get too much of a good thing.

When my DH got home from his job, he worked with a new 2 year old filly that we just got in, she really needs some work! The only lesson she has been getting so far is how to be caught without tearing down fences.

Then he brought Zircon to the barn to trim his feet. With 30-something horses, hoof trimming is going to go on and on for awhile. He managed to get Zircon, a 2 year old and Sky, our only yearling done this evening.

I took some new pictures of Zircon, he is such a good boy. I remembered back two years ago this June when I helped bring him into the world. You can read that story here.

Zircon has gone from being an ugly duckling to a beautiful swan. I knew he would!




When the horses were trimmed, I casually said something about trimming Rancid's feet. My wonderful husband whose back and legs were already hurting from the work involved in trimming two horses, one of which was an inexperienced yearling, told me to go get him. Well, I jumped at the chance to get my doe's hooves trimmed and brought out Collette instead. When he finished with Collette, I put her up and brought out Calico. He is an absolute perfect Husband. Rancid will have to wait, I didn't want to push my luck too far.

The last few days have been such perfect weather that I hate for it to end but from the look of the weather map and the forecasts, we are in for some stormy weather. There may be some severe storms tomorrow. I haven't had to shut my computer down because of lightening for months, unfortunately with the Spring weather comes the Spring thunderstorms.

2 comments:

Punky said...

Wow he is gorgeous...his build reminds me of Jazz...his coloring reminds me of Muddy Buddy. Does JP still have him?

Welcome To Wilmoth Farms said...

We too have had the most gorgeous weather! then it stormed and the cool temps moved back in today! YUCK! I hadn't been inside the house in a week so guess this is my sign to stay inside and do some house cleaning LOL! He is one gorgeous boy! Ugly duckling turned into a swan??? sorry but he really wasnt an ugly duckling! He was just a doll! I just cant think of any baby as ugly...however the horse down the street was probably an adorable foal with cute markings that turned into an ugly marked up horse! THAT I think happens a lot! :-)

ShareThis