Saturday, August 28, 2010

Summer Returns

The cooler weather didn’t last long, the heat has returned today with a vengeance. I remember a few years ago when I first got my first swimming pool that the water was cold all summer. I had to get a solar blanket for it, I didn’t think that having a pool was worth the cost of the chemicals because it wasn’t used that much. Some friends that I know got rid of their pools after that season because it was never warm enough to swim comfortably.

I got the pool for my Grandkids because I wanted them to learn to swim. It worked well, my oldest Grandson can swim well and my two oldest Granddaughters are floating, dog paddling, and swimming expertly underwater.

This year has been the best year ever for owning a swimming pool in southern Indiana. The girls have lived in the water this Summer. They are dark brown from the sun and their hair is a couple of shades lighter. But today the water was cold after a couple of cool nights. They were shocked in more ways than one when they jumped in because they are used to nice warm water. They keep getting out to warm up in the sun.

It’s hard to believe that it is almost September, this Summer has been just one long, super hot, steamy blur. It started out stormy with lots of rain and is ending up dry and dusty. We have gone from grass that wouldn’t quit growing to grass that is drying up and not growing at all. I wonder what this Winter will be like.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

It is great to have a pool or lake around when kids are small. They learn to swim and have a great time. We have had a long spring/summer this year in Maine. The nights are cooler and we are ready. Hopefully we will have our regular load of snow. We actually missed it last year. Happy swimming.

Jiller said...

Missing your wonderful posts~ Hope all is well with you and your family.
Hope you are back to blogging soon~

Jill

Jiller said...

Hi Hoping all is well with you! We sure miss your posts! How is foaling season going this year...Just wanted to let you know somebody was missing you!

ShareThis