Friday, September 13, 2013

Exede Internet Satellite Review

Spinning Yarns from the Farm: Exede Internet Satellite Review

"Let me state emphatically that if you have any other internet options take them! Do not get Satellite!!"

Conclusion: If you are an elderly couple living on a farm in rural America that has been forsaken by your Country and companies that are only interested in highly populated areas, then Exede Satellite is figuratively and literally Heaven sent! - See more at: http://spinnersfarm.blogspot.com/2013/05/exede-internet-satellite-review.html#sthash.cHfN3UTv.dpuf
Conclusion: If you are an elderly couple living on a farm in rural America that has been forsaken by your Country and companies that are only interested in highly populated areas, then Exede Satellite is figuratively and literally Heaven sent! - See more at http://spinnersfarm.blogspot.com/2013/05/exede-internet-satellite-review.html#sthash.cHfN3UTv.dpufV
Conclusion: If you are an elderly couple living on a farm in rural America that has been forsaken by your Country and companies that are only interested in highly populated areas, then Exede Satellite is figuratively and literally Heaven sent!

*Update 9/6/16: Even if you are an elderly couple living on a farm in rural America that has been forsaken by your Country and companies that are only interested in highly populated areas, do not get Exede Satellite! Life is too short to deal with this much aggravation and turmoil! It just does not work and the longer we have it the worse it is getting. It takes about 15 minutes to download a 214 MB file. The internet has totally outgrown a 10 - 20 GB data cap. I try so hard to stay under 10 GB but it cannot be done with Windows 10 updates, app refreshes, and two people using it. Our whole life is dictated by being careful not to use any data. I have to keep my iPad in airplane mode all of the time, so what is the point of even having it. The Late Night Free Zone is a sick joke. You never know if it is working and can end up using all of your data sending pictures to your cloud storage in one night.

*Update 4/5/18: Loving my new Viasat (Formally Exede) Silver 25 Unlimited Internet Plan, but don't bother looking for it because it is no longer available. It is still painfully slow but at least we have 150 GB of data. (I guess I will never understand what unlimited means. No, they don't shut you off at 150 GB but your thin stream becomes a dribble, but most of the time it is just a drip.)

*Update 9/19: My last update! Around the first of August, we started losing our connection for hours at a time. It would reconnect for 10 minutes or so then nothing for a couple of hours. This was horrible for us because we had no phones without an internet connection. 

I reached out to Viasat 3 or 4 times but could get nothing done because I couldn't CALL THEM! I tried emailing them and was told to call, I tried Chatting with them and was told to call. 

This all happened during a very busy and stressful time for us and I just couldn't devote the time or energy to getting anything done. 

We had paid our $110 for August and used very little data because the connection was always down. When the time came to renew for September, we paid again hoping that I would get the time to get it fixed at some point. I didn't want to lose my plan because it was no longer offered.

In the meantime, I got another letter from AT&T saying that Fixed Wireless was now available in our area for $50 per month. So, I signed up because they offered a 15-day free trial. Our neighbor had gotten it and loved it but it took a long time for them to show up to install it. So I was expecting a long wait and wasn't sure it would even work at our house because we can't see a tower and don't have a strong cell signal anyway.

Surprisingly, they showed up right away to install it and said that it would work for us! After a 4 hour installation, I had fast internet!

After my 15 day trial, I got my first bill and it was for the $99 installation fee and the flat $50. My second bill was just $50 too! No hidden fees?? I am still holding my breath though, it seems too good to be true.

Amazingly, so many things that never worked right before, started working. My Echo Dots work with my smart plugs now. My security camera works seamlessly and our VOIP phones are perfect with no lag! The Grandkids can even play their online games together with 14 devices online! Pinch me!

Did I mention that we went from 150 GB of data per month to 215 GB, that it is $60 cheaper and that we never lose service? Also, if you go over your data limit, they warn you and you can purchase 50 more GB for just $10.

It was a very happy day when I called Viasat to cancel my service. It was the first Customer Service call that I had ever had with them that went smoothly and quickly, I could even understand the man I talked to.

We joyously removed the TRIA from the Satellite dish. We packed it up along with the Modem and cords and merrily sent them back to Viasat. It was an amazing feeling to haul that $10 per month rented junk to the UPS Store, I still get goosebumps when I think about it!

Exede Voice Review


No comments:

ShareThis