Friday, August 27, 2010

48 Degrees

Cool enough for a sweatshirt this morning while I milk. Now if I can just find those sweatshirts.

Calico has fallen into a great milking routine. She is giving more milk now than she has in past years. She has fully recovered after having mastitis in late June. It was my first experience with mastitis. It was my first experience with a single kid, she had always had twins before. He was getting enough milk from just one side and was not nursing the other side. I was milking her once per day but I guess I should have been milking her twice per day. 

Collette is due to kid on September 8th, so we are getting close. I don’t think that I have to worry about a single with her unless something goes wrong. She is surely carrying multiples, not sure how many. She had Triplets her first kidding but I didn’t see her before she kidded so I don’t know how big she got. I need to get some pictures of her now for future reference.

3 comments:

Linda Foley said...

It getting cooler, huh? Fall is on it's way. That is so nice that she has fully recovered from mastitis! Pictures are good... (to share ;) :D

Pintura Springs said...

Well it was getting cooler but the temps have gone back up. I will try to get some pics!

Linda Foley said...

Oh I know! It went from about 80 to 110! But today it is a nice 70*F... cool all day. The goats are enjoying it. They haven't even ventured into their shady spots.

ShareThis