Thursday, August 26, 2010

Windows Live Writer

Finally got a new computer and am in the process of setting it up. It had this blogging program on it, so I thought that I would give it a try. Since I am still on a dial-up out here in the wilderness of southern Indiana, I thought it would be a great idea to be able to blog when I am offline. It seems to have lots of bells and whistles, so far I am impressed.

The unrelenting Summer heat has relented today and it was just in time for us to get our first load of hay in the loft. I didn’t think that we would be putting any square bales in the loft this year because reasonably priced, good quality square baled hay is a thing of the past. I thought that we were going to try to get by with just big round bales but we fell for it again and this hay is another disappointment. These bales are half the size of the hay that we got a few years ago for half the price. It is so light and loose that it won’t stay on the elevator.

In this tough economy everyone is trying to get rich by ripping off their neighbor. Small farmers or hobby farmers have to have their own hay equipment and their own hayfield in order to survive anymore. We can sit and reminisce with the Grandkids this winter about how you used to be able to buy good clean hay without weeds in heavy, long, tight bales for $2.00 per bale.

Now let’s see how Windows Live Writer publishes to blogger.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I tried to use Window Live Writer and it does work well. The only thing I didn't like was the pictures are a bit off center. Otherwise I do like it. I know what you mean about the hay issue. If we just all pulled together it would make this world a much better place. We have gone to round bales too and are looking for our own hay equipment. Good luck with your hay.

Pintura Springs said...

Thanks, Kelly, the hay was horrible but hopefully it will spur us to try to get our own equipment.

I love Windows Live Writer, it is great! I haven't tried pictures yet.

ShareThis