Thursday, May 7, 2009

Kia

Kia is our new Great Pyrenees Livestock Guardian Dog. She is a full sister to Angel my first Great Pyr but from another litter. Abby, my second Great Pyr is her mother. Kia needed a new home and I took her on a whim. She is a great LGD, she never tries to get out of the goat lot and she is great with the goats, chickens, Angus and the Grandkids. What more could you want in a livestock guardian dog?

The problem is that I don't need three big dogs to feed. Dog food is way too expensive and I really don't need an LGD for each goat that I own. If I were smart and thinking logically, I would keep Kia and sell Angel because Angel won't stay where she is suppose to be. But the old emotions kick in and I realize that I can't think logically because I love Angel.

Abby is a perfect LGD, she is vicious with anything that gets close to her goats but she is very people friendly. Angel is not people friendly but does love the Grandkids. Kia falls somewhere in between, she isn't as friendly as her mother but is not as untrusting of humans as Angel is.

I really need to sell Kia before I get too much more attached to her. At this point I am going to have to know that she is getting a really good forever home. She is 2 and a half years old, is not a real large Great Pyr, she is happy and smiles all of the time. She is spayed and up to date on all Vaccines and Wormings.

**Kia has found a great new home with lots of animals, human kids and room to roam, she is loving all of the attention.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How much are you selling her for? I got a rottweiler to keep strays, and other potentially harmfull animals away, but he is to friendley, and he brings them over to meet mom and dad. Needless to say, he's not doing his job.
Stephanie
Silverville, IN

Pintura Springs said...

Email me at pshorse @ gmail .com without the blank spaces.

ShareThis