Thursday, September 10, 2009

I'm Better Than This

I come before you in all humbleness, begging for your forgiveness. I have been pretty low as of late. A few weeks ago I finally had something to look forward to. I was so deliriously happy because things were looking up for us. I should have known that it was just a trick to bring me crashing down. I know that I should never look forward to a better life here on earth. It is a trap that always captures me, then I feel stupid because I am better than this, I have always known that I can't be optimistic.

I hope that I have finally learned my lesson and will try to remain true to myself and will not set myself up for anymore falls. I have always been a pessimist and I should not have been so foolish as to think that the light at the end of the tunnel was anything other than a train. It was just that this time it was a sure thing! All of the worry and waiting was over. Then it all just exploded in our faces.

So here we are, back where we are most comfortable, in the land of despair. Fields full of mouths to feed with no hay in sight for the winter. At least we have milk, eggs, tomatoes and pears (Thank you, Diane!) to eat. The good news is that I will probably never get osteoporosis because I get tons of calcium.

My Mother always said that I was a happy-go-lucky child, she didn't know the dark secret that I kept so well hidden.

With this post I have left my "feeling sorry for myself" behind and am ready to tackle the next struggle, pounds and pounds of pears to process and can.

3 comments:

Linda Foley said...

Hey, perhaps you need a BIG {{{HUG}}}! There is always dark before the light... hang in there!

KAREN IN MASS said...

I AM SORRY TO HERE OF YOUR DISPAIR.. I HOPE THINGS GET BETTER.. IF I COULD I WOULD GIVE YOU THE BIGGEST HUG IN THE WORLD ... A (([[BEAR HUG))]]:))!!! JUST REMEMBER WE (YOUR LOYAL FOLLOWERS) ARE HERE FOR YOU WITH HOPE IN OUR HEARTS AND PRAYERS IN OUR SOULS, FOR YOU AND YOURS!!! MAY YOU ACTUALLY SEE THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL CUZ I AM ALSO WAITING!!!!!

TAKE CARE AND GOD BLESS!!

KAREN

Punky said...

We all are hoping for that light not to be a train just once, it will happen just hang in there. Maybe I will have to make you a pie to help you feel better....oh and of course you get a hug too...I know you would rather have the pie.
Keep looking up from whence cometh your help!

ShareThis