Monday, July 20, 2009

I Must Be An Alien

After reading the two following articles, I have decided that I am really an alien who somehow got stranded on this strange planet within the last few years.

This whole cow burping thing has me shaking my head and the thought that U.S. Citizens are taking this serious leaves me totally dumbfounded.

Greener diet reduces dairy cows' methane burps - Yahoo! News
(Don't tell anyone but goats and deer burp too)

The following is a quote from the second article about the Wild Horse Bill:
The Congressional Budget Office estimates that enacting the bill would cost up to $700 million.

Barrasso says the government shouldn't spend $700 million on wild horses while the nation is in debt.
Barrasso, Lummis oppose House's wild horse bill - KIFI - Idaho Falls, Pocatello, Jackson WY

I like wild horses and burros but $700 million dollars, when people are losing their jobs and homes? Anyone who would support something like this has not been affected by this present economy, has more money than they need and should be sharing their wealth with the needy.

4 comments:

Christy said...

I've known since I was young that I was an alien. And my goats don't burp, nope not at all.

KAREN IN MASS said...

I GUESS I MUST BE ALIEN BUT FROM A DIFFERENT UNIVERSE OR GALAXY. I DEFINITELY BELIEVE IN SAVING THE WILD HORSE AND BURROWS..THEY ARE OUR HERITAGE THEY WERE THERE FOR US WHEN WE NEEDED THEM. WE BUILT THE COUNTRY OFF OF THEIR BACKS. AND WHAT THANKS DO THEY GET??? MAYBE IT'S THE INDIAN IN ME BUT I CANNOT STAND THE WAY OUR GOVERNMENT/COUNTRY SPENDS MONEY. OUR COUNTRY WILL ALWAYS BE IN DEBT. WE GIVE AND GIVE TO OTHER COUNTRIES WHO HATE US BUT TAKE OUR MONEY.
OK, OK I AM CALM...MY GOATS DON'T BURP EITHER, AT LEAST I NEVER HEARD THEM!!!!

KAREN

Pintura Springs said...

Your goats don't burp?? Mine do it right in my face every time I try to give one of them a kiss. Maybe you aren't kissing your goats enough.

Karen, I am not sure about the Indian in you being the reason that you feel as you do about the wild horses because they are trying to open slaughterhouses on reservations to kill off the ones who are destroying their culture. You can read about it here: Too many horses

KAREN IN MASS said...

SORRY I SAID ANYTHING...MY FEELINGS STILL STAND AND ALWAYS WILL (YES, I GUESS YOU COULD SAY I AM A TREE HUGGER OF SORTS)

KAREN

ShareThis