Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Catching Some Rays

The sun is shining, it is warm and beautiful. A perfect time to put Bootstrap out to get some sunshine. However, he escaped his cage and was viciously attacked by the hens and other roosters. He has always been able to hold his own and was second in command, second only to my huge Barred Rock Rooster, Rocky. He was hiding and cowering under my little red wagon, I picked him up and put him back in his cage and patched the hole.

He still isn't 100%, I think that he has some problems with his feet, they were pretty frozen when we found him. I sat here at the computer with him in my lap and massaged his feet until they loosened up some. His comb is nearly all black and he is still pretty weak.




I also put Cooter in the dog kennel for the day, so that I could put Calico and Paris in the goat lot for some sun.





Calico and Paris both enjoyed the sunshine. Angel enjoyed the sunshine as well but Abby is staying in the chicken/goat shed for some unknown reason.







And finally, the horses... I think that I counted 16 horses DOWN in this one pasture, the sad part is that we have four other pastures. Don't even ask how many we have.


And for no reason at all, here is a picture of Rocky and a few of his choice hens.

1 comment:

Claire MW said...

I hope Bootstrap will make it through his tough time. He is one very beautiful rooster. What fabulous colors in his feathers. He is truly a handsome boy and I hope for the best for him. I also have some frostbitten combs and lost several roosters due to IB recently. The remaining ones are doing OK now. It is hard to face the cruel side of nature sometimes.

ShareThis