Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Anxiety

Here it is the end of another day and I still don't have my Christmas shopping done. I received my first Christmas card today and it caused me great anxiety. This year has flown by with each month passing by faster then the previous one.

The days are so short that I barely get my morning feeding done and it is time to do my evening feeding before it gets dark. I am always so rushed that I feel like I have forgotten something important.

We did get some small projects completed today. My DH shoveled out the goat/chicken shed and fixed me an area inside to feed the "stay in the shed" chickens, so the goats can't get to it. My Mille Fleur D'Uccles are the only ones who cannot tolerate the cold weather and spend their winter days on the roosts.

I got six eggs today but only three yesterday, the hens didn't like the rainy, snowy day that we had yesterday. The Sun inspired them today, it inspired me too.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I've gotten some shopping done but I still feel the pressure. Why is it when Dec. 1st rolls around we all suddenly start feeling this way? Isn't that a sign that we should change the way we handle Christmas? It really makes me stop and think.

My girls aren't liking the gray winter weather either. I only got 4 eggs today and yesterday I got 7! Chickens are very sensitive to the weather it seems.

Pintura Springs said...

It is the size of my house and preparing food that are the main source of my panic. Plus this year is the first time that I haven't had the bulk of my shopping done by November.

Claire MW said...

I am feeling the same way. When did it suddenly become December? So much to be done, so little time. And to add to my craziness, I have final exams this month too. This is when I ask myself, why, oh why did I decide to go back to school for yet another degree?!

Hope you get your shopping done soon.

Ditto on the low egg counts. Today it is snowing, I expect minimal eggs.

ShareThis