Saturday, November 29, 2008

Google Reader

Thank God for Google Reader! There are several blogs that I enjoy reading on a daily basis but because the authors use complicated backgrounds and lots of gadgets, I can no longer go to their actual blogs. I don't blame them, if I had high speed internet I would probably do the same thing but since I am still on a dial-up connection that moves as slow as molasses on a freezing cold day, I cannot wait 20 minutes for a background to load.

Google Reader is just great, all that I get is the text of blogs that I am following alone with whatever pictures that they posted with that blog. All of the latest blogs from my favorite authors are there in one place, no ads and no gadgets in the side bars. Google Reader helps me to find some extra time in my day.

AT&T has finally brought DSL to one of the small towns that I live near, but it does not reach me. The other small town that I live near on the other side has cable internet service but it doesn't reach me either. I get depressed when I think about it, so I won't think about it by using Google Reader.

I do have HOPE for CHANGE in this upcoming year. Once President O gets in office, I will have both cable and DSL to choose from.

3 comments:

Claire MW said...

And of course, there is always satellite internet. I am nowhere near DSL and I thought dial-up was my only option, but now I have Wildblue satellite and it is lovely (except in stormy weather). As long as you are not completely surrounded by trees, it is an option!

Pintura Springs said...

All of the people that I know that have satellite are unhappy with it.

One has Wildblue and says that it is down more than up and that it isn't worth the money.

I have heard the same type of reports about the other two satellite providers.

Also, it is a little more money than I can afford.

Welcome To Wilmoth Farms said...

I hear its expensive too, I only have dial up..but looked into satilite, we cannot get DSL either..sucks..hey I went private...send me your email address so that I can add you please!

ShareThis