Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Truth

I hope that I don't offend anyone with my blog this morning. It is not my intention to alienate anyone who doesn't hold my same opinions. I would be devastated if anyone stopped following my blog because of this post. That said, I must unburden myself and reveal the long hidden truth that has remained concealed for much too long.

I have not kept this secret from everyone, my closest and dearest friends know this awful truth. Most of my family members know it as well. Although some of my friends and most of my family openly criticize me and try to get me to change. I do have some friends who share my feelings and opinions in this matter. I ask you to please open your hearts and accept me the way I am.

I love Winter, I love snow, I love the cold, all of it, the frozen ground, the frozen waters, being able to see my breath. I love the way the snow crunches under my feet, the way the snowflakes softly and gently float through the air. I love the quiet of a snow covered landscape. I love the feel of heat hitting my face when I come inside after being out in the freezing cold. I love being snowbound. I love the anticipation of a coming Winter storm. I love burrowing under a pile of blankets on a cold Winter's night.

I don't know how I got this way, I don't know how it happened, but I ask for tolerance and acceptance. I have already heard all of the arguments that there are in the world against my feelings and views. Those arguments have never been able to sway me or change me from what I am.

Sure, I don't like everything about Winter. I don't like for my family and friends to have to be out on the roads when they are slick, I don't like to be out on the roads when they are slick. I feel for the road crews and law enforcement officers. I worry about the elderly and the sick. I worry about the animals when it is real cold, windy and/or freezing rain.

Maybe I am immature and this all stems from getting snow days off of school. As a teacher, I got just as excited as the kids at the prospect. But I don't have to go to school anymore as a student or a teacher and I still love Winter.

There, I have said it, I have confessed my faults. I feel much better now that I can openly say that we had snow flurries yesterday and I was just thrilled to see them.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I completely agree with you. I LOVE snow. There is something about that thick white blanket on everything, just makes everything look fresh and shiny. I was in heaven when we got 22 inches 4 years ago.
Stephanie D
Williams IN

Pintura Springs said...

Yes, Stephanie, the problem with that snow was that it didn't last long enough.

Way back when I was a kid, we used to get snows that were everlasting. It snowed on the first day of Winter and stayed on the ground until Spring.

Anonymous said...

That would be awsome. I have family in Wisconsin, I love it there in the winter. Everything is always white.
Stephanie D
Williams, IN

Country Gal At Heart said...

What's snow?

Pintura Springs said...

You poor thing!

ShareThis