Monday, November 3, 2008

It's Almost Over

All of the campaigning is nearly over, no more campaign mail in my mailbox, no more news reports about how many points Obama is leading McCain by. No more telephone surveys wanting to know who I would be more likely to vote for if the election were held today. It was really overdone this year, we got way too many calls and way too much junk mail.

I have a friend who is on a cruise, I told her that she might want to consider staying out of the country depending on who gets elected. She thought that it might be an interesting few days, watching people throw themselves overboard when they get the election results.

Back to the real world, I had so much fun today that I can hardly contain myself. I went to Wal-Mart, purchased a face mask, the kind that covers your mouth and nose. Then I came home and attacked the goat/chicken shed with a broom and a shovel.

There were times that I couldn't see my hand in front of my face because the dust was so thick or my glasses were so dusty, I'm not sure which. My eyes got full of chicken poo dust and they still feel like they have sand in them several hours later.

Chickens sure do make a mess, it really didn't smell that bad and it cleans up pretty easy but it creates a lot of dust and I wouldn't recommend tackling it without a mask to protect your lungs. Safety goggles might not be a bad idea either.

If you don't have your own chicken house to clean, you might consider finding someone who does and volunteering for the job. It might help you clear all of this year's election drama out of your mind, like tonight's news of Palin being cleared of any wrongdoing in the State Trooper scandal. They cleared her just in the nick of time, on election eve. They didn't dare clear her after the election that would have been to obvious.

No comments:

ShareThis