Thursday, November 13, 2008

Milk Soak

My DH has had a problem with his hands for quite some time now. He is a part time mailman and handling paper all day is very drying to his hands. They started itching, peeling, cracking and even bleeding. He was having a real hard time sleeping and nothing that he was doing as far as creams and lotions was helping him.

I decided to take the bull by the horn and try to do a few things to help him out. I made him start using used coffee grounds when washing his hands at the end of the day. I started using the coffee grounds with soap to get the billy goat smell off of my hands, it works and after a few times of using it, your hands get soft and smooth.

I told him to avoid washing his hands during the rest of the day. This is hard for him because his hands get so dirty. I found him a bar of Ivory soap and that is all I am letting him use. No more anti-bacterial stuff.

After he washes his hands at night, I make him soak his hands in goat's milk for 10 minutes. I told him to use bag balm on his hands after that but he only did that one night. It made his hands too messy. So far so good, he is really noticing a difference. He thinks that the goat's milk is the key. So chalk up another good use for goat's milk.

4 comments:

Welcome To Wilmoth Farms said...

Do you ever make soap from your goats milk?
I have had a problem with dry skin since my hysterectomy and I tried some handmade goat milk soap once and I began making it myself and its totally changed my skin! I can only imagine how the milk soak must feel.....awesome!

Goat Milk is known to contain lactic acid, proteins, vitamins, minerals, alpha hydroxy acids, proteins and Vitamin A and E that regenerate skin cells and nourish the skin, and leaves your skin feeling soft and hydrated! Goat's milk also has a pH level that is very close to our own skin's pH level which makes our 100% natural goat's milk soap gentle on even the most sensitive skin types including suffers of: Acne, Rosacea, Eczema,and Dermatitis.

Pintura Springs said...

No, I haven't made goat's milk soap yet, but it is on my "to do" list if I even get into a bigger house.

Amy said...

What a relief to find a solution to your hubby's dry hands. Now you can't ever be without a goat you know!

Pintura Springs said...

Excellent point!!

ShareThis