Thursday, December 11, 2008

Faith Restored

Shopping online was made just for me. I hate to shop and even shopping online is not my favorite pastime. I would much rather read a good book. But online shopping has definitely made my life easier. Sometimes I try to imagine what life must have been like before the internet, it must have been a dark and difficult time.

Consider this, I am 50 years old and am only half kidding. I really do have a hard time remembering what it was like. Think about the kids of today who have a hard time understanding that our generation was actually able to live without cell phones.

I didn't mean to get side tracked with this train of thought. I was really going to blog about having my faith restored in an eBayer.

I purchased a Christmas present on eBay and when it arrived it was not even close to the way it was described. It was suppose to be NWT (new with tags) and not only did it not have tags but it was dirty, scratched and definitely used, parts of it were even missing.

I shot off a message to the seller about my disappointment and started proceedings against the seller through Paypal. I didn't hear anything back for a couple of days and then got a reply that said that they had sold the item for a friend and would refund my money if I would return the item.

I didn't want to get caught paying for return postage, lose my money plus the item, so I sent another message that I wanted the return postage paid before I returned the item. Not only did they send the return postage but they also refunded all of my money. I will return the item tomorrow.

I have had some bad dealings through eBay a couple of times both as a Seller and a Buyer and there are times that you begin to think that everyone out there is a swindler.

I bought some Avon on eBay once and I have to say this made me madder than buying something then never receiving it. The Avon came and it was the wrong item, I sent a message to the Seller in New Orleans that they had sent the wrong item. They said to return it and they would send what I had actually bought. The right stuff finally showed up but they did not refund my return shipping. When I ask about it, they sent me a message that said that the tubes that I had returned were half empty and that they would not reimburse me. I wonder if they survived Katrina.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Glad to hear it worked out ok. I guess that is the reason I am a little reluctant to buy things through ebay. Glad to hear you had a better experience this time.

I came over to say thank you for visiting my blog, I am glad I did. I have really enjoyed reading yours this morning.

Amy said...

You're wrong--online shopping was invented just for ME! I ordered my 6' artificial tree on eBay. I call it my "$6 Christmas tree". I'm very leery of eBay, but I do the vast majority of my shopping online. I also pay my bills online whenever possible.

Pintura Springs said...

Shiloh, thanks, I enjoy your blog.

Amy, the internet makes it possible for most of us homebodies to almost never leave the farm, that is what I really love about it.

ShareThis