Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Flu Bug

We have taken on a few extra responsibilities over the last several days and that has kept us almost totally offline. We had a terrible windstorm that forced me to keep the computer shut down because of the instability of the electricity, it kept flickering but never went completely out.

Then what was suppose to be a sleep-over for our three Granddaughters turned into a round the clock vigil, when two of them came down with the flu. My DH was puked upon twice and I would not even venture to guess how many times we held a bucket for our oldest Granddaughter.

The first night I slept on the floor beside our oldest Granddaughter's bed and tried my best to keep her fever down and the mess to a minimum. My poor Husband slept with the youngest one, and the bed was nearly a total loss. I have done more laundry over the last few days than I even care to think about, even the dog has thrown-up.

Since the girls have a new infant brother we chose to keep them here for a few days away from him, but the oldest girl just was not getting any better so her parents came after her today. The other two are still with us and fully recovered.

I think that I might even be able to sleep in an actual bed tonight for the first time in two days. I was a little surprised at myself because I actually slept well on the floor and woke up when I needed to throughout the night. I was not even that sore the next day.

Angus is doing very well for those who have asked, he is actually outgrowing the calf who his mother tried to steal, and that calf is nursing both Angus' mother and his own mother.

Thank you so much, Rachel, for getting back to me, but his scours had stopped before I received your message and I didn't receive your message until several days after you had left it.

I am hoping that things might return to somewhat normal soon, but cannot guarantee that for a couple of weeks, I will post when I can.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I am so sorry to hear how your family is dealing with the flu! I sure hope they are feeling much better soon!

ChristyACB said...

I'm sorry to hear of the kids' flu but glad to hear they are on the mend!

Anonymous said...

I truly feel for you having to nurse the sick ones. I pray for a full recovery for you all! Warm days, hurry please! I know you, too, look forward to the wonderful warm days of spring.

Pintura Springs said...

Watching the snow this morning is nice but I am looking forward to Spring.

ShareThis