Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Too Cold

I know that I said that I love snow and cold weather but I don't like this bone-chilling cold. The wind chill today could be -10 and my old bones are screaming for warmer weather. It is suppose to get warmer, even up in the 50's, then all of this snow will melt and we will have mud and flooding but I have already got my snow fix for this year. I am ready for Spring.

Angus is doing well, he is following my DH around while he feeds in the evenings. I got a video of him out in the snow last night. I will try to post it here when I get some more time.

I really love feeding and milking but it is all that I can do to make it outside when it is this cold. I don't remember worrying about the chickens this much, it is so hard to make sure everything has fresh water all of the time. They don't seem to want to drink until the water freezes solid and that happens about 10 minutes after you carry hot water to them.

Enough whining, I just want to thank you all for doing your part to combat Global Warming, your efforts are working and I think those in Kentucky would agree with me.

5 comments:

DayPhoto said...

Oh! My! Goodness! I really do wonder if that Global Warming thing is real. We sure have had a long bit of cold that doesn't seem to move through fast.

I guess only time will tell on that front.

Stay warm! Please!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/

Welcome To Wilmoth Farms said...

Yes this gal in KY is totally agreeing with you! R U in Indiana or Ky????? i didnt realize you were so close...or maybe you told me and I forgot...who knows...Sounds like the ice storm was hard on the critters.....I was worried sick about mine, expecting cows to start calving...they always pick the worse weather to calve in....but we have been lucky...is Angus your first bottle fed calf?????? I've had 4 now and they have all been so diff with diff situations i think that they have schooled me really quickly in the art of growing a healthy calf! he he.....we've had it all in the past year.....so hey...maybe we can compare notes! I have a homemade scours remedy...I'll have to post it on my blog......i am at Panera bread where I can get wifi ( another month they are saying until we get power!) so I'll remember to bring in back with me in a day or so! good luck with Angus!....we'll have to get together some day since your so close!

KAREN IN MASS said...

YEZZZZ!! I AM READY FOR SPRING TOO!!!EVERYDAY I HAVE HAD TO BREAK THE ICE AND ADD HOT WATER TO THE GOATS WATER, TWICE A DAY!! IF THIS IS GLOBAL WARMING I HATE IT.. I HAD TO CANCEL THE FARRIER TODAY BECAUSE IT WAS -5 DEGREES WITH THE WIND CHILL AROUND -10 TO -15 BELOW. HE WAS GAME I WAS NOT..I DOUBT THE HORSES WOULD BE EITHER..I EVEN PUT SHAYZEE'S BLANKET ON HER LAST NIGHT!!
WELL THINK SPRING!!!!(?)

KAREN IN MASS

Jennifer said...

Sorry to hear about the cold weather, I hope you are able to stay warm.

Kelly said...

We live in Maine and I agree with you about being ready for spring. I actually get excited when the forcast says we will be having a high of 20. Sounds kinda balmy. Im sick.
Kelly

ShareThis