Sunday, October 5, 2008

Double Yolk

I discovered my first double yolker yesterday. My Grandson had spent the night and I was fixing his breakfast, naturally I chose the biggest egg that I could find. I thought that it might be a double yolked egg but I had been disappointed before.

I took a picture of it just in case that it was. I cracked it and opened it into a cup and my Grandson said, "Whoa!" (a common expression used by adults to stop a runaway horse and by 9 yr. old boys seeing a double yolked egg for the very first time.)

It was quite exciting for us simple folks who aren't used to much excitement. I took pictures just in case this phenomenon never occurs again. If it does occur again, it won't be nearly as thrilling as it was the first time. You see, while it doesn't take much to thrill us, it also doesn't take much to bore us.

Here are the pictures, I hope you enjoy them. It was very hard on my Grandson to let me take them because he was hungry. Just so you know, it doesn't take a 9 yr. old boy any longer to eat a double yolked egg than it does to eat a single yolked egg. I had to fix him two more eggs after this one but I didn't take pictures of them.





1 comment:

Amy said...

That egg is enormous! Wow!

ShareThis