Wednesday, October 15, 2008

No Turning Back

Well I made a decision yesterday and there is no turning back. I wanted to wait until December to breed Collette and Paris but Collette was obviously ready yesterday and so we put her with Cooter. The timing was perfect because she stood for him and he got the job done. If she conceives, she will be kidding in mid-March. I would like to have Paris kidding in mid-April. So I will put her in with him next month.

I plan to milk Calico all winter then breed her in the Spring. Putting Collette in with Cooter has also solved my wondering goats issue. Paris and Calico have not gotten out of the fence since Collette has not been there to lead them.

Angel and Abby have finally become friends, they were just tolerating each other but they are finally starting to play together. Abby is just a little more playful than Angel, you would think that she was the youngest.

We enjoyed another nice night under the full moon last night. My DH built a fire under the big Maple tree where our Grandchildren love to play. It is right next to the goat lot. The Grandkids have gathered sticks there for a couple of years and they are always going to the stick pile to play. Their mean old Papaw burnt all of their sticks last night. I told him that he was going to be in some serious big trouble.

The reason that he was burning the kid's stick pile was that we had bought new fence and was going to enlarge the lot to include the big Maple. But while burning the pile and sitting there watching the fire. We decided that losing their favorite spot might give them issues later in life, so we are going to preserve the area and fence the tree outside the goat lot.

We are even going to add a concrete bench to the spot under the tree. The only problem that I see with our plan is that they can no longer call it "The Stick Pile". Unless they get busy and gather a bunch more sticks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI VICKY,
I LOVE THAT TREE!!!! JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW I HAVE A NEW BABY!! MY GOAT DOEDY HAD (I THINK) A DOELING LAST NIGHT, IT WAS KINDA DARK....NOW I'M WAITING FOR THE OTHER ONE TO HAVE HERS...SO FAR MOM IS TAKING GOOD CARE OF THE LITTLE ONE. IT IS HER FIRST SO I'LL KEEP AN EYE ON HER..AND THE PICTURES OF SHAY WILL BE TAKEN TOMORROW..I'LL GET THEM TO YOU ASAP.

KAREN IN MASS

ShareThis