Thursday, March 12, 2009

Calico Update


Do you think that she might be pregnant? Since her due date was not March 9th, I am guessing that her little rendezvous with Cooter on November 11th has paid off for her. So her official due date is now April 10th.

Paris looks somewhat pregnant but I am still not sure with her. It will still be wait and see. I have never had a single, so I don't know what a doe looks like when pregnant with a single.

My hens are blessing us everyday with 12 to 14 eggs. My little Fleur banty hen has started crowing. She is laying eggs and crowing, I don't know what is up with that. If anyone has any information about why a laying hen crows, I would love to hear it.

7 comments:

Christy said...

Calico looks pregnant! And I've never heard of a crowing hen. Weird.

ChristyACB said...

Oh goodness, look at her! She is as wide as she is long!

Carolyn Evans-Dean said...

Do you have any roosters at all?Sometimes, a hen will take up the duties of a rooster and will crow, if there is no one around to do it!

Claire MW said...

She does look rather well rounded. My first and only goat birth experience, which was last month, was such a great learning experience for me. I was never entirely sure if Stuffin was pregnant until her udder began to change. She looked rounded and "puffy" but then so did some of our other goats. I wondered if it was just eating more over the winter and getting a fluffier coat. She had a single of course, so I would say, in having looked at other pictures of pregnant goats, that she never got anywhere near as large or distinctively pregnant looking.

Pintura Springs said...

Thanks for the conformations.

Yes, as a matter of fact, I do have 4 roosters who have crowing competitions every morning, afternoon and evening. They also sometimes compete at 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning.

Welcome To Wilmoth Farms said...

Oh goodness...I guess your hen is just wanting to be "one of the guys!" LOL How dare they leave her out! Thats too funny, but I have heard of it, so I dont think she has an identity crisis!
Calico is a beauty for sure and I pet her baby/baby's will be just as awesomely cute! ChristyACB is right she is just as wide as she is long! Good luck with the kidding! I cant wait to follow you and her on this journey! How exciting to get to see baby pictures!

Amy said...

Yep, definitely preggers!

ShareThis