Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Disappointed

I stayed up all night, well, I did lay down at 4:30 this morning, then got back up at 5:30, then laid back down until 7:00, still no baby. Quizzy got turned out of the foaling stall, she is back out in her muddy, grassless lot. The DH said that she was waxed heavy this morning when he turned her out.

I will be running between the neighbor's house and animals to our house and animals all day. If Quizzy doesn't foal during the day today, I will be up all night again unless she foals early tonight, that would be nice.

The neighbor's rain guage says that we got another two inches of rain overnight. The storms passed through quickly and weren't too bad. However, after this rain, I am not looking forward to going into the goat lot, but I don't have any choice. It's a dangerous job but someone has to do it...

2 comments:

Amy said...

A night owl like me should take up sheep or horse ranching: I can stay up all night without any problems. If I was your neighbor I'd volunteer to foal-watch for you! I would really love it.

We got plenty of rain yesterday too. My rain guage doesn't work well so I'm not really sure how much we got.

Pintura Springs said...

I wish that you were my neighbor too, Amy, I could use the help. I HAVE to be there when they foal but I hate the waiting, horses are very hard to predict. Just when we think that we have them figured out they do something totally different.

ShareThis