Sunday, June 1, 2008

No Phone

I don't know if our phone was down because of thieves again or if it was something else but we didn't have phone service when we got up yesterday. If we don't have phone service then we don't have internet service, because we live out here in this third world country with no modern conveniences like city water or high speed internet options.

Someone is stealing our old phone lines for their copper content. This is fine with me because if they continue to steal it then we will eventually get all new phone lines and maybe better service and maybe even DSL. It is pretty annoying because it is happening so often and we are without service for the whole day. They told the people who called it in that we wouldn't have service back until Monday but they did have it fixed yesterday evening. I hate not having a phone or internet but I can live with it if it is for the greater good.

When I took feed out to my Mille Fleur D'uccle setting hen, she got off the nest and I counted six babies and two more that were in the process of hatching. The problem is that the little tiny chicks are jumping out of the nest and they can't get back in. I had to rescue them several times yesterday by putting them back in.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Wow, people are getting desperate! Stealing copper phone lines now! Who'd a thunk it?

Congrats on the baby peeps. What fun! Now you get to watch them grow and see how they turn out. It's nice that chickens grow so fast. You don't have to wait long to find out what you've got.

Anonymous said...

WELL, WE HERE IN MASSACHUSETS HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH THE DSL. I DON'T GET CABLE OR DSL. I AM TOLD I HAVE TO GET A SATELLITE CONNECTION TO GET "FAST". UNFORTUNATELY IT COSTS MORE!!!
CONGRATULATIONS ON THE CHICKS. I USE TO HAVE THEM WHEN I WAS A GIRL. WE HAD CHICKENS THAT ALSO SAT ON THE DUCKS EGGS!!
I STILL DON'T HAVE MY GOATS YET. SOMETIME THIS WEEK HOPEFULLY!!!

KAREN

ShareThis