Sunday, January 4, 2009

Good News and Bad

The bad news is that I found Bootstrap dead yesterday morning. I had commented that he really had a good day on Friday and acted nearly normal. Then yesterday when I went out to do my morning chores and was in the goat/chicken shed, I remembered that he hadn't said anything to me before I went out. So I came back to the house to check on him and was shocked that he had died.

The good news is that the red paint on the styrofoam forms worked. I even found one place where the chickens had scratched at the dirt around the base of the forms to uncover the unpainted surface and had pecked at that. I covered it back up and took that as a good sign that they will not be eating any red styrofoam. Hopefully the forms are now safe until we can get them covered properly.

4 comments:

Claire MW said...

So saddened to hear about Bootstrap. I had my own losses recently and I know how it feels. You did all you could do for him. Sometimes nature doesn't cooperate with us.

Glad to hear the styrofoam trick is working - it's a clever idea!

Welcome To Wilmoth Farms said...

Sorry about Bootstrap!!!! I hate to hear he didn't make it..you gave good effort!!!!!

Anonymous said...

SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT BOOTSTRAP. THERE WAS A REASON FOR THE OTHERS TO ATTACK HIM AND THAT WAS BECAUSE HE WAS SICK. I DON'T KNOW HOW OLD HE WAS, BUT THAT COULD HAVE PLAYED A PART IN IT TOO. DOESN'T HELP THE LOSS THOUGH.
HE WAS WELL TAKEN CARE OF IN HIS FINAL DAYS THANKS TO YOU!!

KAREN IN MASS

Jennifer said...

I am so sorry about bootstrap. It is always hard to lose an animal.

ShareThis