Sunday, February 17, 2008

Goat Milk Facial Cleanser

I got this recipe and it was suppose to be a goat milk skin cleanser but I found it to be great for other things too.

It is simple to make and is very affective. It can be used as a facial cleanser, a facial tightening mask or as a milk bath.

This was taken from Home Beauty book. It says " For clean healthy skin, goat's milk is an instant beautifier both inside and out. It is rich in protein, natural fat, and acids, all of which help clean and detoxify your complexion, thus leaving it soft and smooth."

Ingredients:

1/2 cup water

1/4 cup of goat's milk

2 tablespoons of baking soda

1 egg white


Yields 6 oz.


Directions:

Mix all ingredients until well blended. Pour into a clean container.


To use:

Stir before each use. Pour small amount of cleansing milk onto a clean wet washcloth and gently massage into your face and neck. Rinse well with warn water and pat dry.
Refrigerate any left over cleanser.

This is the way that I use it: It has to be kept refrigerated, so that means that it is cold when you use it unless you want to let the small portion that you will be using set out until it comes to room temperature. Don't attempt to warm it in the microwave because the egg white will cook very quickly.

I shake the container thoroughly before pouring out a small amount and let it set for awhile before use. When I am ready to use it, I stir it again and then dip a cotton ball in it to apply it to my face and throat, then I rinse it off with warm water.

I have oily skin and so my favorite way to use it is the mask method. I wash my face with another cleanser, then apply it with a cotton ball and leave it on until it is dry and my skin is tight, then I rinse it off with warm water.

My face is always very soft after using this mixture. So I also use it as a milk bath, after stirring the mixture, I just pour the full container in my bath water.

No comments:

ShareThis