Monday, February 4, 2008

Mud

My husband and I sorta made a commitment not to ever complain about mud again after the terrible drought that we had last Summer and Fall. It is like a New Year's Resolution or a diet, it is one thing to say it but quite another to abide by it.

I really got stuck in the mud tonight with one foot and I didn't know what I was going to do, my back is so bad that I just could not pull myself free and my husband was in the house. I finally wiggled it back and forth until it lost it's suction and I pulled it free.

My dear husband got stuck in the mud as well but he managed to fall also. When he came back to the house, he handed me that handy, not so dandy anymore, Black and Decker rechargeable spotlight that was totally covered in mud to clean up.

I have to give him credit, even though it is taking him so much longer to feed on this treacherous ground, he isn't complaining. There is more rain on the way for the next several days. Our prayers have been answered and the drought is over. Thank you, Lord!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He never complains does he?
You got a good one I guess...
Try to be careful both of you out in the mud...

Anonymous said...

You aren't the only one who has been stuck in the mud, after trodding out in the knee deep mud (I am short) to give those precious horses their hay, my tall rubber boot got stuck and thus sucked it right off my foot. Your blog crossed my mind and it was then I felt your pain of being stuck,...just wanted you to know you weren't alone in the boat, or mud as it would be!
Hang in there...

ShareThis