Friday, February 29, 2008

Stalking and More

We have gone from getting 4 or 5 eggs a day down to one. My little flock is free ranging farther and farther away from home and I don't know where they are hiding their eggs. We hunted everywhere we could think to look this evening and couldn't find anything. So I guess I will have to get up with the Chickens in the morning and stealthily follow their every move until I crack this case.

I finally got my home permanent last night, it took me from 10:00 until midnight to curl it myself with my husband curling the ones on the lower back of my head. I had asked him to help me and being the wonderful man that he is, he reluctantly agreed. He did end up going to bed before I got it all curled and so, I had to wake him up to add the curling solution and the neutralizer to my head. He did a great job but I hadn't had a perm since I was a kid and I had forgotten how toxic the fumes are or they are much worse than they used to be. Anyway he did complain bitterly about the smell and I thought that I wasn't going to survive, I just couldn't breath and my eyes and throat were on fire, plus I got a small burn on my forehead. Today I look suspiciously, like a male lion.

I talked to a friend today who had sold some horses on contract two months ago. The payments weren't made so she went to pick them up and they were starved, one of them died when she got it home and she couldn't even find one of them, so she assumed that it had already died. This is sad when so many people had hay in their barns this winter and held onto it in order to get as much out of it as possible. Tomorrow they are cleaning out their barns and auctioning it off at the Springville Feeder Auction. Too late for some horses in the area. My husband had said all along that there was plenty of hay out there, it was just panic, too much talk and then greed that caused all of the problems this winter.

No comments:

ShareThis