Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Building an Ark

It is still raining, our barn is flooded, it has never been this bad before. If Morning foals now the poor thing will drown. Our foaling stall has about 3 inches of water in it. My DH spent this evening with a shovel trying to divert streams of water but it didn't help, there isn't anywhere for the water to go.

I just came in from checking on the goats in the horse trailer and I can hear Indian Creek raging, I am anxious for the dawn to see how bad the flooding is. I guess this will bring the water tables back up to a more normal level.

I dread trying to take care of my animals tomorrow, I won't be able to walk in this much mud.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Creeks are all up and out...I am sure Springville is a mess, Clear Creek in Monroe County is ....
Hang in there and don't get washed away..

ShareThis