Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Crossed Wires

Mark Burnette and his Mustang
Well, I guess someone got their wires crossed. Mark Burnette was suppose to be interviewed on "Talk of the Town" on 1340 WBIW this morning but they had Military Recruiters on there instead. My Son called to ask me if I was trying to get him to join the military, since he had read my last blog and was dutifully listening to the show this morning. So now I don't know when the show will air or if it has already aired and we missed it.

I did get some of the pictures of Mark and his Mustang ready to post here but I haven't edited the videos yet.

We were very impressed by Hoof-Hearted (think about this name being announced at the Extreme Mustang Makeover and you will understand the joke). He was already named when they got him but Mark and his family call him Buddy. He is heavy boned, thick legged, Mark said that he is sound and has a lot of stamina. He has a natural low head set and is friendlier with strangers than Mustang Sally was. Mustang Sally was the horse that Mark trained for the Midwest Mustang Challenge.

Hoof-Hearted
Buddy has a nice head, a kind eye and a nice sized ear for a Mustang. He is also a decent sized horse, Mustang Sally was a tad too small but Buddy is big enough for a man to ride but also not too tall for a height challenged person to own. So if you are in the market for a good trail horse and you are going to be at the Extreme Mustang Makeover Auction, then you should take a look at Buddy.

Here are some more pictures that I took, but I didn't take many still shots, I took mostly videos. The last picture below is my DH riding Buddy before Buddy's long trip to the Fort Worth, Texas competition.

Extreme Mustang Makeover
Bay Mustang Gelding
Mustang For Sale

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

First off, I love your blog-I read it every day and love the giggles I get from some of your exploits - have also shed a few tears over other posts. Also wanted to comment on the Mustang makeovers - I got the opportunity to meet the 2007 Winner, Ray Ariss & Hail Yeah out here in Southern California. I was absolutely mesmerized watching the two of them working together - what Ray managed to do with a "wild horse" in 100 days was absolutely amazing. So my very best wishes to Mark in Ft. Worth.

Anonymous said...

Hi Again,

Just want to correct my eaarlier comment by saying that I erred in saying that Ray and Hail Yeah were the 2007 winners - they were not, they were 2007 competitors. I also want to add that Hail Yeah sold for $50,000 at the auction. My apologies to the 2007 winners, Guy Woods and Max.

Amy said...

Very interesting and fun post! Buddy is a good looking horse and he looks very confident.

ShareThis