Saturday, September 27, 2008

Deviled Eggs

Leaving nothing to chance, this was my final experiment. I brought the water to a full boil in a small pan with 1/2 tsp. of salt and a splash of vinegar added. Then I placed all of the room temperature, old and new, extra large eggs in the boiling water with tongs. I boiled them for 5 minutes then removed them from the heat and covered them with a lid. I let them set for 20 minutes before removing them from the water with tongs and placing them in ice water for 10 minutes. Next I placed them in the freezer for 10 minutes, then peeled them under cold tap water.

The results were these; some of the eggs were overdone, some of them peeled perfectly, some of them wouldn't peel at all and the older eggs were no different from the fresh eggs. I give up!

No comments:

ShareThis