Monday, September 1, 2008

Firefox 3.0.1

I finally got around to downloading Firefox 3.0.1 and a new Google toolbar to go with it. I love being able to access my Google bookmarks from my toolbar but found that they would not show up with the new Firefox browser. The bookmark button on the toolbar kept asking me to sign-in, which I did but the sign-in never worked.

Here is the fix for anyone having this same problem; Just go to "Tools" in your Firefox browser, then select "Options" then click the "Privacy" tab. Under the "Cookies" section, you should have "Accept cookies from sites" checked but I don't accept cookies from third parties and that was my problem with the bookmarks. You just need to click on the "Exceptions" button and then type "google.com" in the box at the top, then choose "allow". This will allow Google to place a cookie on your computer as a third party and will fix your bookmarks.

At first, I didn't like the new Firefox browser. It seemed slower for some reason but after cleaning out my cache and cookies, then rebooting my computer, I think that it actually is faster and I need all of the speed I can get with this painfully slow dial-up connection.

No comments:

ShareThis