Monday, January 7, 2008

Barred Rocks

I finally talked my wonderful husband into going after the chickens that he promised me for Christmas. He did some farrier work for my cousin and he paid him in chickens. I got five Barred Rock hens and three Rhode Island Red hens. I will try to post some pictures of them tomorrow if it isn't raining.

The temperature on this 7th day of January in Indiana was 69 degrees for a high and tonight, after dark, when we went to get the chickens it was 61. We are suppose to have thunder storms later tonight and tomorrow. Then the temp. is suppose to return to normal. But it was fun while it lasted, I was even able to go into my goat pen today without falling in the mud.

I can now call myself a spinner. I have been spinning yarn and even though it isn't very pretty, it is still yarn.

No comments:

ShareThis