Tuesday, January 1, 2008

The First Day Of 2008

Well, we have come to the end of the first day of the year, it snowed and the temperature dropped all day. Tomorrow is suppose to be even colder. The mud has all frozen and the ground is a lovely white. It was a nice day just to sit and look out the window.

My husband took care of all of the stock today, so I didn't have to go out. I really don't mind the cold, I actually prefer it but when it drops below 18 degrees, I am not so anxious to be out.

I worry that the animals don't have water and it will be difficult to get them water in the morning. Angel, my Great Pyrenees pup will be snuggled in with her goats tonight, she is well equipped for the weather and loves the cold but she is a heavy drinker, so we will have to get water for her very early in the morning or she will go looking for it herself and I don't want her wondering away from home.

No comments:

ShareThis