Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Just Lovely

When I went out to feed this morning, it was gently snowing, the ground was covered with a fresh dusting of snow, it was just lovely.

I enjoy feeding on mornings like this, it wasn't too cold, just beautiful, peaceful and quiet. One hen had already laid an egg which I deposited in my coat pocket.

I came back into the house to get a small bucket of warm water with some Apple Cider Vinegar in it for my goats. As I leaned over the sink, I heard a popping sound, but it didn't register at first. It wasn't until I was going through the kitchen with my bucket that figured out what the popping sound was. Oh well, that old coat needed a good washing anyway.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you washed that coat, did you salvage the egg for your dog?

Pintura Springs said...

Chloe got a handful of the mess. The yolk was still intact.

Anonymous said...

Good for Chloe....I am you would have rathered had a fried egg sandwich though....
But Chloe is so cute, she deserves it....maybe you need to take and egg basket with you instead of just your pocket

Pintura Springs said...

I have too many other things to carry to add an egg basket, what I really need is a little wagon with side rails.

Anonymous said...

They sell those wagons cheap at Dinky's...Your hubby can build side rails, he is a handy guy...

ShareThis