Friday, January 11, 2008

The Rest of the Story

This post is not about chickens, it is about crows. It is actually the rest of the story for my previous post.

After the Chicken Hawk swooped down in my face, he circled to come back and that is when my other Livestock Guardians went to work. We feed a lot of grain and so we always have several crows hanging around. For some reason crows don't like hawks and will gang up on them. That is what happened this time. They started chasing him, attacking him repeatedly. He did land in a tree but they landed in the same tree and waited for him to fly again. When he did, they started a new assault and then totally chased him away.

Sometimes I get a little tired of their big, loud mouths, but since I got chickens, I have a new respect for them.

No comments:

ShareThis