Friday, April 4, 2008

Limp but Alert

Topaz survived the night! She had been totally stiff all over but now she is limp. She can't hold her head up and she can't suck now. But she is still swallowing well when I squirt the goat's milk in. I always start out with some nutri-drench before each feeding.

She nickered at my DH twice last night, that is an improvement. She had stopped nickering all together. One eye looks really bad from rubbing on the straw while seizuring, but we are praying it isn't damaged too badly. I must admit that I didn't think she would survive the night, I know the Vet didn't.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MY PRAYERS GO OUT TO YOU AND YOUR DH AND THE FOAL. WHAT WILL BE WILL BE AS THEY SAY, NOT MAKING IT ANY BETTER. TOPAZ SOUNDS LIKE SHE IS A FIGHTER AND HOPEFULLY SHE CAN BEAT THIS. GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS!!!
KAREN

ShareThis