Monday, April 14, 2008

More Bad News

Things were going reasonably well until today. Miracle's bladder infection has turned into something much more serious. Her kidneys seem to be shutting down. She has lost her appetite, I have not seen her urinate at all today and her belly looks bloated.

She isn't running a fever and is still getting up and walking around some but is very shaky on her feet now. I don't know what tonight will hold, I will still get up to attempt to feed her but I don't think that I will force feed her at this point. If she is still not eating at 3:00 AM, I may try to force some pedialyte down her.

I am sorry that I have not been blogging regularly but Miracle has been my focus for 13 days now. I keep hoping that I can post something more positive but every time I am encouraged, I get knocked off of my feet again.

I have been doing a lot of research on twins and have found out that first 72 hours is the most critical and that most problems show up within the first 10 days, but we are already past that deadline and something new and serious has come up, so I can't say I am very happy tonight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't be sorry about not being able to blog. You have been very busy doing all you can to keep that baby going. She is a very lucky filly to be born in such a loving and caring family with people that are willing to give her the care she needs. All your readers know you are doing everything possible to bring her through. I wish you the best and my prayers are with you and your farm.
Your Neighbor, Stephanie

Anonymous said...

OH MAN!!!I AM SO SORRY FOR THIS SET BACK. I WISH THERE WERE A MIRACLE CURE FOR MIRACLE. GOOD LUCK AND KEEP ME POSTED. I WILL PRAY FOR ALL OF YOU!!!!

KAREN

ShareThis