Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Lost The Battle

Miracle survived to see her two week old birthday, but passed away 6 hours later. I knew she was in serious trouble yesterday morning, she had stopped urinating and wouldn't eat at all. I called the Vet and he was out of town most of the day, he finally called me in the late afternoon when he was on his way to Brown County. I told him to call me when he got back and if she was still alive, I wanted him to come down.

He got here at about 5:30 and tubed her to put some mineral oil down her and 18 oz. of milk. He was hoping that maybe she just had a bowel problem but we both knew it was her kidneys that had shut down. She wasn't running much of a fever and her gum color wasn't extremely bad. But she looked very bloated, even though she wasn't showing signs of colic. She was having trouble breathing when she laid down, so she was staying on her feet all of the time. He changed her antibiotic and gave her banamine.

We took her out and let her walk around the yard all evening, she did some exploring. My neighbor came by and couldn't believe that we were concerned about her, she was acting so good.

When we gave her the banamine shot at 2:00 AM, neither one of us thought that she would be alive this morning but she was and she was acting a little better. I fed her with the drench gun, then came in and went to sleep, the last time that she would suck a bottle was yesterday morning at around 8:30. When I woke up, I really was expecting her to be alive since she had survived the night and was acting better. But she was dead. I am very sad, we have been through so much together and she has been such a fighter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so very sorry for your loss. She was a fighter. My heart goes out to you and my tears. It's never easy to loose something so precious. She was well taken care of in her short time on this earth!! God bless!!!
karen

Anonymous said...

You and your DH did all you could possibly do for her. She blessed your lives and those who read this as well. I am sure there is a reason in all of it. Hang in there kid.
Praying for you.

ShareThis